For Clients FAQs
Where do I call for results?
(207) 941-8200 or 1-800-660-1626, Monday through Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm.
After hours, weekends and holidays, page the on call pathologist by calling (207) 973-7000.
Why did I receive a fax to clarify information?
We are required by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) to document any labeling issues with specimens or confirmation of specimen
identification by obtaining fax clarification signed by the provider. The reasons for the faxes that are sent are determined by our CAP labeling requirements.
Why was the specimen I sent rejected?
There are many reasons why a specimen may be rejected.
- If there is any issue with an unlabeled or mislabeled specimen and if it is considered "retrievable", we will reject it due to the requirements of our regulating agencies.
- If the specimen was collected incorrectly, for example putting the specimen in the incorrect fixative or preservative or not using the appropriate collection procedures, it may be rejected.
- If the specimen is not received in a timely manner, it may be rejected.
What is the turnaround time for your testing?
- Surgical biopsies: 1-2 working days, however if special stains or decalicification is required, it may be 1-4 working days
- Pap testing: 1-4 working days
- Pap testing with HPV: 1-5 working days
- Non-gyn cytology: 1-3 working days
- FISH testing: 7-10 working days
- Hematopathology FISH testing: 4-7 working days
Who do I contact for information about sending specimens to your laboratory?
Please contact customer service at (207) 941-8200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the laboratory hours?
Switchboard hours are 7:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Department hours vary and are listed on the department page under Our Services.
How do I reach the pathologist?
Call (207) 941-8200 Monday through Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm or you may page the on-call pathologist by calling (207) 973-7000 after hours, weekends or holidays.
How do I get supplies?
The Supply page is located under the tab "For Clients". You may call, email or fax orders and details are located on the Supply page.
How do I get the specimens to the lab?
We utilize UniShip Courier Services, LLC and there is link to their information at the top of the website. You may call for a pick up at (207) 848-7546.